The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme with Happy Healthy Babies
We teach The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme, a modern hypnobirthing programme that will help you achieve the right birth on the day for you and your baby.. The course consists of 4 easy-to-follow fun and informative classes.
You’ll receive a course manual, access to the secure online client area where you can find all of your guided relaxation recordings and one-to-one tutor support right up until your birth. Our teacher Leonie Darch is an experienced qualified Hypnobirthing Practitioner, Hypnotherapist and Doula who has been teaching HypnoBirthing since 2011. Leonie is a long standing member of The Warwickshire Pregnancy and Birth Network where she has held position of Chair Person since Jan 2018.
What is The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme?
Welcome to The Wise Hippo where we believe in preparing our clients for their whole parenting adventure from Bump, to Birth, to Baby.
If right now you feel scared and far from prepared then finding yourself on our website maybe just the right thing you need.
Whether you just want to attend our signature 10 hour antenatal education programme, The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme, or if you also require our additional sessions for Breech Turn, Breech Births, Avoiding Induction or Preparation for it, we can make sure that you have The Right Birth on the Day.
Maybe you know that you are having a C-Section and therefore our C-Section Preparation Programme is right for you
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is a structured course of sessions, If you are wondering if structured equals inflexible then let us reassure you.
The programme has been carefully crafted to ensure that no matter what your concerns are, what your hopes are and what your style of learning is, that it is right for you. Because the way you choose to use what you learn is up to you.
How you choose to practice is up to you, and no matter whether you are that mum who is absolutely petrified and looking for a way to alleviate that fear, or you are that mum who is really keen on a no-drugs, home, water birth, or something in between you will find that The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is adaptable to your needs.
It can absolutely help your chances of having the birth you wish for if you have a positive mindset about birth. Yes, you will enable your body and baby to work at their best if you learn how to be calm and relaxed during labour. Yes, you will have a better chance of staying in control of your birth if you plan ahead of time and know how to communicate in a useful way with your medical care givers.
Class 1: Confident
You and your Birth Partner will lay a great foundation upon which to grow in confidence.
- Bust any negative beliefs you may have about birth.
- Get comfortable with what we mean by hypnosis. There are no swinging watches and getting you to cluck like a chicken we promise.
- Familiarise yourself with the physiology of birth so you can let go of worrying about how all of that stuff works. We bet you will be fascinated.
- Understand how the mind interprets PAIN… so that you can learn how to manage and control it.
- Take charge of your thoughts so that you can enjoy your pregnancy and look forward to your birth, rather than feeling anxious and worried when it is a time for joy and happiness.
Class 2: Calm
Learn how to become an expert in relaxation so that you can feel calm, relaxed and in control in the lead up to and during your baby’s birth.
- Discover how to use your breath during labour to enable the birth cocktail of hormones to flow in just the right way.
- Learn how to distract your mind away from your body so that you can distance yourself from any pain.
- Set up useful anchors to relaxation that you can use any time you want any extra boost of those feel good hormones
- Feel confident in the fact that your partner is learning how to use all of these tools and techniques with you, so that they can help you use them on the day.
Book your FREE Taster Session
Unsure which option is right for you? We offer a free, no obligation taster session to help you make sense of your options.
Drop us a line today for a free taster session!
Class 3: Consider
It’s your birth so take the time to consider what is important to you.
- Where do you want to birth?
- What do you want your birthing environment to be like?
- Who do you want to be with you?
- How do you want to get labour started?
- These are the kinds of questions you will be exploring, so that you can plan for the birth you want.
- Experience a powerful FEAR RELEASE session so that you can look forward to your baby’s birth.
Class 4: Celebrate
Bringing it all together so that you feel ready for birth
- The focus is on your Birth Partner so that they fully understand how you want them to support you on the day.
- Enjoy Soothing Strokes an incredibly simple form of light massage to stimulate your body’s natural pain relief.
- Use your B.R.A.I.N.S. to make sure that you have a structure way to ask questions if required.
- Explore the best Birthing Positions to support an easier more comfortable birth.
- Learn birth humming to help avoid unnecessary forced pushing for birth.
- Walk through your labour and birth from it getting started to holding your baby in your arms and how what you have been learning fits in with that.